6.06.2012

when things don't go your way...

You know, sometimes it's hard to keep going.  Ever have those days/weeks/months?  Currently I'm in my hard-to-keep-going month.  Hopefully at the end of it.  Please, sweet Lord, let me be at the end of it. :)  With my foot surgery putting me out of commission for weeks and being sick and being hormonal and being newly single.  (Yes, single... not by my own choice, mind you.  I was smitten... still am, sadly.  But no one wants to hear of a pathetic girl's heart break.  So that's all there is to that.)  I think everyone can relate to those times when your future went from certain to uncertain in an instant.  It's not fun.  It's confusing.  It's scary.  It's sad.  It's heartbreaking.  And mostly, it hurts.

BUT!

I'm hopeful. 
I'm thankful. 
I'm happy. 
I'm loved.
I'm blessed. 

I'm so thankful for family and friends that pray for me... I can totally feel it (and need it).  I'm learning so much about myself and my need for control.  Giving up is so difficult, but necessary.  We can only control ourselves and our own actions, we cannot control others and their actions.  So much stress and heartache are gone once we realize that.  And let's be honest, past heartbreak has taught me that I'm ultimately thankful I'm not the one in control.  I've just got to be patient.  Easy, huh?  :)
"But God's not finished.  He's waiting around to be gracious to you.  He's gathering strength to show mercy to you.  God takes the time to do everything right - everything.  Those who wait around for Him are the lucky ones." - Isaiah 30:18
{Please keep in mind this "waiting around" does not condone laziness.  We must still go out into the world, live our lives, be the salt & light of the earth... He will bless us from the lives we live.} 

So there you have it, a quick little update on the life of Kelsey.  What a weird, crazy life it is.  But, as I'm constantly reminded, I don't know what the future holds so I've got to trust and be patient.  And if you're willing, a tiny prayer for my healing heart would be ever so appreciated. 

Choose to love, friends.  <3

6 comments:

  1. I feel for you, Kels! Recovering from heartbreak is so difficult. I hope that it gets easier as the months go on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how positive you stay even though I can tell it must be hard. In the few short weeks I have gotten to "know" you I already find you so inspiring and a wonderful role model to follow. Keep you head up girl you WILL have great things come your way.. I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. breaking up is the worst. but so is staying together if it's not meant to be. woof. to all of it.

    so glad you can keep the faith and the positive energy. nothing helps me more than realizing i am only in control of me. no matter what.

    sending love & heart-tape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh kelsey. i've read your blog on and off for about two years, every time i check back in i feel like our seasons are somewhat paralleled. thanks for the charge to keep on going, homegirl. :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friend, I have had the year from hell. I have had to give up total control of my life and basically watch a whole bunch of things come unraveled. It's not fun. But, it's true...what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...and sometimes more humble and thankful and content with what IS good. I love ya and I've never even met ya! :) Chin up, lovely.

    P.S. Even though you don't want to talk about it...that guy is an idiot. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me think about a song by Kari Jobe. I think it's called "everybody needs a little". Take a listen - it's beautiful. You're living it out. Weary, broken, and being surrounded by Jesus. (Oh, and listen to "Steady my Heart" - it's so good!)

    ReplyDelete